Tips for Managing Indigestion
- Avoid citrus fruit or juices because of acidity.
- Avoiding rich, fatty or spicy dishes.
- Cut down on chocolate as it is a big offender!
- Avoid coffee.
- Manage your meal portions and avoid eating big meals.
- Eat several small meals during the day.
- Take time to eat and chew your food thoroughly
- Avoiding eating too close to bedtime - give yourself three hours to digest food before going to bed.
- Use extra pillows at night to prop yourself up a little. This will help stop stomach acids repeating.